Who is wearing Flakjak Ver. 2 goggles?
US Army, US Marine, US Army Special Forces, and some special force units, including Navy Seals.
(0) Including: 1x Clear len, 1x Gray len, 1x Goggle pouch, 1x Goggle storage pouch, 1x Lens pouch [also adapter (4 holes) for military near/far sight glasses]
(1) Ballistic lens TESTS for maximum eye safety,Z87.1 - 2003 Plus certified, MIL-STD-662F. (as related to 22 cal., 17 grain, Type 2 fragment simulating projectile)
(2) Venting (anti-fog) technology: Manages the environment triad of fogging, particulate and moisture.
(3) OptiWide: Patented: Masters optical clarity and bends it beyond all periphery to create the industry’s leading field of view.
(4) BMRF: Buckle Management Retention Fastener. Allows goggle to integrate with multiple helmet platforms.
(5) VS Foam: S Proprietary goggle foam designed to wick moisture away from your face.
Different from Version 1, there are over 150000 pcs of FlakJak Version 2 is issued to US Military now including US Marine, US Army Special Forces, and some special force units.
It comes with a military issued NSN number:
Arena FlakJak Goggle Kit 4240-01-527-4076
Arena Goggle Kit Clear Ballistic Replacement Lenses 4240-01-527-4079
Arena Goggle Kit Smoke Gray Ballistic Replacement Lens 4240-01-527-4082
Arena Goggle Kit Replacement Pouch, Goggle/Universal/With One Lens Cloth Carrier/Khaki 4240-01-527-4078
Arena Goggle Kit Replacement Strap, FlakJak/Desert Tan 4240-01-527-4085
Based on the independent report from COLTS LABORATORIES, Arena - Flakjak Goggles with Smoke Lens P/N FJ-K5112 does comply with MCEPS for the test(s) performed for MCEPS Requirements.
The most amazing part of Arena goggles is the Razorback technology which helps to create a goggle that manages the environment triad of fogging, particulate and moisture. Other features, include
OptiWide is their patent pending lens geometry that masters optical clarity and bends it beyond all periphery to create the industry's leading field of view. All lenses exceed ANSI Z87.1 standard.
BMRF stands for their Buckle Management Retention Fastener. The BMRF allows for quick and easy strap replacement in any condition. The modular buckle system allows the goggle to integrate with multiple helmet platforms.
VS Foam is proprietary goggle foam designed to wick moisture away from your face.
If you have a chance to compare Arena goggles against other brand goggles, you'll easily be able to tell the difference!
Arena goggles use better materials and their build quality is superior than others! Also, you can try the fog test for yourself. Just take a pair of Arena goggles and blow directly into the lense, these goggles do not fog! Now attempt this test with any other brand goggle and watch how much their lenses fog. You will be able to tell the difference immediately!
Check youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UmhSbTPmGQ
0.22 subsonic pistol and 12gage shotgun test on Arena goggles
(Not official test. We shoot it within 10 ft. Normal range should be at 20-30 ft.)